Tuesday, July 14, 2009

CPSIA Webinar

On July 1, I sat in on a Webinar that had a good bit of information about CPSIA. I received the link to the webinar while I was on vacation. I'm sorry for the delay in presenting it but without further ado:

https://sgsevents.webex.com/sgsevents/lsr.php?AT=pb&SP=EC&rID=1428737&rKey=5adc482f6420ebff

Don't want to listen for an hour? Let me sum it up for you:

Listen to the introduction. It's important to know WHO you are listening to in order for you to gauge for yourself if you feel these folks are reliable. Personally, I think they are. The first part of the presentation is definitely worth listening to. It provides good information about the labeling requirements that are impending. The introduction and labeling requirement presentation is the first 12.5 minutes of the presentation.

Second part of the presentation deals with composite testing. Very interesting I found it relevant to me. It talks about how testing happens in addition to other things. This is the next 27 minutes (give or take) of the presentation. Toward the end of this section of the presention I found there was a lot of information not relevant to me.

The next part of the presentation deals with what we can expect in terms of enforcement. It's all speculation. And while I found it interesting and enjoyed the perspectives given, it's really not possible to know. So, if you're short on time, this might be a section to skip. This section runs about 10 minutes.

The next part of the presentation deals with BPA. As a parent, I found this interesting given all the information about BPA in bottles and other baby products over the past 3 years that has come out but it is not relevant to my business. So if you are listening to this purely for your business, you might be able to skip this section.

There was a brief question and answer period at the end (starting at about 46 minutes). I would listen to that just for your own general knowledge. Some of the questions are great and I found some of them relevant to me.

No comments: