Monday, March 2, 2009

BuggaLove Recommends....

I am thinking that every once in awhile, I'll have a post about things I recommend. This will be the first in that series. I have a small obsession with baby feet. Ok, it's not so much baby feet as much as what goes on them. A very good friend of mine is always bemused with my matching socks for every little outfit. When my daughter first starting wearing shoes, I bought more pairs than she could ever wear. Of course, at that time, I had no idea the extent of the handmade options available to me. Only one pair of her shoes was handmade, the rest were Robeez. If only I had known then what I know now! This from a woman who before having her own children thought that shoes on babies were unnecessary and ridiculous. Of course, I didn't go as far as these baby high heels, which I still contend are unnecessary and ridiculous.



With my son, now only 6 months old, I was completely entrenched in handmade. And as such, I looked to fill my obsession with new baby shoes. I was so disappointed that there were more boy options. The girl options seemed so endless! But I was determined to find the perfect little shoe. That's when I found these by BabyBugShoeDesigns. They come in several design styles and all the colors in the rainbow. So many wonderful choices!
I bought him a little brown pair and a pair of argyle shoes. These shoes are FABULOUS. They stay on little feet, they can be machine washed and dried, they are made of the softest material (an Ultrasuede), and the craftsmanship is excellent. I absolutely loved them. This week, the time came that he outgrew these itty bitty shoes. As I sadly packed them away, I just had to go back for more. I bought him the same pair of brown ones again (they're just so perfect for almost every outfit!) but I also got him an "athletic" pair. All those little sweatsuits and hoodie outfits would be totally incomplete without these on his feet!
I was VERY torn about getting a pair of personalized ones with his initial on them. In the end, I decided against it. But I'm sure that when he outgrows these, I'll be back for more! I hope you'll visit BabyBugShoeDesign for your babies shoes!

No comments: