Friday, January 30, 2009

Stay of CPSIA

While I would love to write a full blog on this issue, I am so tired from such a long week that I just don't have the energy.

So here's the link:
http://www.cpsc.gov/library/foia/foia09/brief/stayenforce.pdf

And here's the press release:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09115.html

And here's my limited understanding of how it works:
1) The CPSC announces they want to do this
2) The CPSC puts it in the federal register and opens a mandatory 30 day period for comments (so that's 30 days from today 2/30)
3) They vote on whether or not to activate the stay.

So potentially, the stay goes through in early March. It misses the February deadline, but since it's a proposal up for review, no one will be enforcing it. I'm sure I'll write more about this at some point, but like I said, I'm exhausted.


In other news, BuggaLove had a RECORD BREAKING month for sales in January 2009. My mobiles are just flying out of my house. Right now the wait time is 4-6 weeks for custom nursery decor and 5-7 days for creepers.



I introduced a new type of mobile this week, BIRDS! There are 3 bird mobiles currently for sale in my Etsy shop. And I created a custom Woodland theme mobile for a customer in December. I hope to offer those to you all soon!




Have a great weekend! I'm going to take a much needed break from blogging over the weekend!

Last chance for Creepers on Sale!! Sale ends tomorrow!

1 comment:

FairiesNest said...

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this and for keeping us so well informed. ((Big Hug))...off to do more happy dancing...